Veriton's development and in-house systems are located on our
premises. We have taken the following precautions to minimise risk to your project:
- physically secure server room and RedCare alarm system with 24h monitoring
- temperature maintained at 20°C
- mains electricity filtering, battery UPS and controlled
automatic shutdown in the case of extended power outage
- daily DDS backups with offsite media rotatation
- daily virus definition updates
- fast connectivity to the internet via DSL and with an ISDN
- two firewall systems
In addition these servers provide on-line backup to our servers
hosted at ServerHouse. This eliminates or minimises any data loss
due to catastrophic hardware failure.
For production systems we have rackspace at the ServerHouse
facility in Fareham, with IP transit provided by NewNet plc. This provides even an greater
level of performance and protection including:
- fire detection and suppression systems
- UPS and back-up diesel electricity generators
- 24/7 internal CCTV monitoring and proximity access control
- 410Mbps fibre internet connectivity to Telehouse London through multiple carriers
Should it be necessary, this location is physically accessible to us within an hour and a half and we have 24 hour access to our servers.
Try looking at our website availability
statistics at Netcraft which often show our website
uptime as over a year!
Put simply, running
your application on a server in Veriton's rackspace at ServerHouse
means the system responds more quickly for your users.