Call-centres of varying sizes in our experience all tend to suffer from similar issues:
- How to provision (and remove) users who often can be seasonal, or temporary staff working for relatively short periods (sometimes only for a day or two).
- Providing timely and accurate reporting to operational management and call-centre team leaders to enable group and indivual feedback in order to improve performance.
- Ensuring service levels across multiple geographically-dispersed call-centres.
- How to deliver reliable applications to outsourced contact centres.
- Integration of legacy call-centre stand-alone ACD switches and IVR systems with modern applications.
- How to deal with the applications "running slowly".
Many of these challenges present themselves at organisations operating in many different sectors and are common to call centres with a hundred or so agents up to those with thousands.
Most of them can be tackled by means of the appropriate hardware or software infrastructure, suitable procedures and having a thorough understanding of 'typical' response times.